Our shipments are meticulously packaged, which is why the majority arrive undamaged. However, shipping damage does occur from time to time. To ensure you receive replacements or reimbursement for any damaged orders, it is important to follow strict procedures.
Steps to Follow When Receiving Shipments:
- Carefully inspect the box for any damage.
- Note any damage to the package, and whether you received the order in its entirety, on the delivery receipt or electronic pad.
- Refuse any severely damaged boxes.
- Take digital photos of all damage and send them to email@example.com.
- Immediately notify us of any damage. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of possible compensation or replacement.
- Review the delivery receipt or electronic pad for any checked boxes for services such as Inside Delivery and Lift Gate Service, which will incur additional costs.
- Refuse to sign for shipments with additional services requested if you are not willing to pay for them.
Once a shipment is signed for, it is the signer’s responsibility to contact the freight company to file a claim for any damage discovered after the package is accepted. If the shipment is accepted by the dealer, the dealer must file the claim. If the shipment is refused, Polar Shades will file the claim. It is important to keep all packaging for damaged shipments.
Note: reimbursement for the full amount of the shipment is not guaranteed, and it can take time to process claims filed after shipments are accepted.