Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up production machines each day according to established procedures
- Operates production machines to produce parts in accordance with established standards and guidelines
- Inspects produced parts for faultiness and reports flaws immediately to management
- Detects and reports machine malfunctions promptly to management
- Maintains an adequate supply of operating materials for production machines and obtains additional materials according to procedures
- Documents production activities each day as assigned
- Packages and transports produced parts as needed
- Wears appropriate clothing and safety equipment in accordance with approved procedures
- Adheres to time clock procedures, safety rules and regulations, equipment operations, equipment maintenance and proper production procedures in accordance with company training procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to use hand tools and read a tape measure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and write. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Shifts are subject to change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50-75 pounds.
- Insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance